At Camp Run Ridgefield, we aim to inspire young people to love running. Learn from the best coaches and counselors in the ideal setting of the Ridgefield High School campus.
Each day we have a variety of fun and informative activities planned:
- Warm-Up Techniques: Learn to warm up dynamically to avoid injuries and improve performance.
- Workouts: Understand the variety of workout types, including tempo runs, intervals, hill repeats, and speed sessions.
- Strengthening Exercises: Master core strength exercises that will improve posture and running form.
- Individualized Running Form Analysis: Receive an individualized slow-motion gait analysis video including tips for improving running form.
- Nutrition Lessons: Enjoy a themed snack every day that will help teach healthy eating habits.
- Motivational Speeches: Hear from local running experts as well as Ridgefield High School athletes on a variety of exciting topics.
- Film Study: Watch race videos to learn tactics and get inspired.
Sign up now and get our 2017 t-shirt.
Bryan Kovalsky is a teacher at Ridgefield High School and coach of the boys cross country and track teams. A former Ridgefield athlete, Bryan won two individual CT State Open track championships and went on to become the Ivy League champion in the 10,000m run at the University of Pennsylvania. During the past six years at Ridgefield, the distance runners have reached an unprecedented level of success, culminating in the 2016 New Balance National Championship in the distance medley relay.
John Goetz is the head coach of the Ridgefield High School girls cross country and track teams. Throughout his six-year tenure at Ridgefield, John’s teams have been the gold standard for success. His cross country teams have won five FCIAC championships and three each of CT class LL and CT open titles. His track teams have had similar success including one Class LL state title and one runner-up. Numerous athletes have earned all-conference, all-state, and all-New England recognition.
Steve Mucchetti is entering his 5th year as the boys’ assistant coach for cross country, indoor and outdoor track at Ridgefield High. Steve coaches the sprinters and hurdlers during the track season and has coached athletes to 11 school records. Steve competed for Ridgefield in high school, winning the cross country State Open in 2001, and was captain of the cross country team at Dartmouth. He has also coached as a volunteer/graduate assistant at Yale, Florida State, and Harvard.